Mission and Mandate
MissionTo regulate, advance and promote the professions of audiology and speech language pathology in New Brunswick.
MandateOur mission is accomplished by advancing and maintaining the standards of audiology and speech-language pathology in the province, governing and regulating audiology and speech-language pathology services provided to the public, and providing for the well-being of our members.
- Ensure that quality services are provided to individuals with communication, swallowing, hearing, and vestibular disorders.
- Ensure that quality services are provided by maintaining a process for proper supervision of supportive personnel.
- Advocate on behalf of individuals with communication, swallowing, hearing, and vestibular disorders.
- Promote public awareness of communication, swallowing, hearing, and vestibular disorders; related issues; and available services.
- Provide a professional home for audiologists and speech-language pathologists.
- Actively represent the perspective of audiologists and speech-language pathologists regarding related issues while being proactive in the identification of future concerns.
- Provide leadership in the development and maintenance of professional standards.
- Provide opportunities that foster life-long learning and professional growth for audiologists and speech-language pathologists.